The City of West Hollywood is committed to providing comprehensive assistance to homeless members of the community. Each winter, the City coordinates and prepares additional resources for wet-weather conditions.
The City of West Hollywood works closely with PATH (People Assisting The Homeless), the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA), and the Los Angeles LGBT Center to meet demand during winter conditions. There are several resources for homeless individuals:
- Shelter beds at PATH
- Wet weather shelter beds at LAHSA-funded locations
- Hotel/motel vouchers, including transportation and food
- LA LGBT Center shelter for at-risk youth
- Alcohol and drug residential programs and transitional (sober) living facilities.
For homeless individuals who decline to access indoor accommodations, outreach teams provide other assistance such as food and hygiene kits, as well as blankets, socks, and other emergency supplies.
If you become aware of someone who needs shelter or services, please contact the City of West Hollywood’s Social Services Division at (323) 848-6510. During nights or weekends, or if there an emergency requiring immediate assistance, please call the West Hollywood Sheriff’s Station at (310) 855-8850.
- Emergency Shelter Resources [PDF]
Several emergency shelter resources exist for homeless members of our community
- WEHO CARES - Our Response to Homelessness [PDF]
Click on the link above to find out about the City of West Hollywood's collaborate, cooperative approach to solutions to homelessness as well as service listings.