The Housing Element is a policy guide that provides an indication of the need for housing in the community, particularly the availability, affordability, and adequacy of housing, and serves as a strategy to address housing needs across the economic and social spectrum.
Cities and counties are required by law to update their housing elements every eight years. Although the City of West Hollywood recently adopted Housing Element 2008-2014 in September 2011, as part of General Plan 2035, it must now adopt an updated housing element for the next housing element cycle. The next cycle covers the period of October 31, 2013 through October 31, 2021.
The new 2013-2021 Housing Element was adopted unanimously by the West Hollywood City Council on December 2, 2013 and was approved by the California Housing and Community Development Department on January 14, 2014.
Contact us for more information.
- 2013-2021 Housing Element (final) [PDF]
- 2013-2021 Housing Element Technical Background Report (final) [PDF]
- Community Conversation Summary Report [PDF]
- Focus Groups Summary Report [PDF]
- Housing Element Update – Planning Commission Presentation (April 18, 2013) [PDF]
- Housing Element Update Community Conversation – Workshop Presentation (April 6, 2013) [PDF] Russian Version [PDF]
• West Hollywood Housing Facts [PDF]
• PowerPoint Presentation [PDF]
- Housing Element Update Schedule [PDF]
- 2008 – 2013 Housing Element [PDF]
- 2008 – 2013 Housing Element Technical Appendix [PDF]
- 2012 Housing Element Annual Progress Report [PDF]
- 2013 Housing Element Annual Progress Report [PDF]
- 2014 Housing Element Annual Progress Report [PDF]
- 2015 Housing Element Annual Progress Report [PDF]
Census information for the City of West Hollywood can be accessed through this link. The Census Bureau's mission is to serve as the leading source of quality data about the nation's people and economy. We honor privacy, protect confidentiality, share our expertise globally, and conduct our work openly. We are guided on this mission by scientific objectivity, our strong and capable workforce, our devotion to research-based innovation, and our abiding commitment to our customers.