Thank you to everyone who attended the full day of arts and literary programming held as part of WeHo Reads in September!
For a list of events happening for WeHo Reads 2015 please click here.
To see photos of the WeHo Reads 2014 event please click here.
To check out WeHo Reads 2013 please click here.
WeHo Reads 2014
The City of West Hollywood celebrated National Literacy Month in September 2014 with free literary-based community event WeHo Reads: Noir and a month of free Saturday programming for adults and children at West Hollywood Library and Park. The highlight was A Day of Noir on September 27 featuring a full day of programming including literary panels, poetry, jazz, art activities, and theatre.
WeHo Reads: Day of Noir Schedule
Click on the picture below to enlarge schedule
Check out author biographies here: WEHO READS NOIR BIOGRAPHIES
You can find the WeHo Reads Bibliography here: WeHo Reads Bibliography
The free CityLine shuttle runs from 8am-6pm approximately every 30 minutes and stops at the Library. If you are staying for the 7pm screening of Who Framed Roger Rabbit you can take the free WeHo Pickup trolley as far east as Fairfax Avenue between 8pm - 3am.
Metro buses conveniently run to both WeHo Park and the West Hollywood Library 24 hours a day.
Thank you to our generous sponsors!!!
- American Apparel
- Athens Services
- County of Los Angeles Public Library – West Hollywood Branch
- Friends of the West Hollywood Library
- Jones Coffee (Noir Film Series Sponsor)
- Pindler (Craft Table Supplies Sponsor)
- Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky and the LA County Arts Commission (Free Concerts in Public Sites Program for ‘Dale Fielder Quartet’)
- Vintage Los Angeles (Media Sponsor)