The Rent Stabilization and Housing Division administers the City's Rent Stabilization Ordinance and Inclusionary Housing Program to maintain and promote a vibrant residential community. Our goal is fair regulation and maintenance of existing rent stabilized housing and creation of new affordable housing opportunities.
Take our Housing Survey, and learn about current housing studies and programs.
July 2017 Summer Newsletter
2017 RSO Building Blocks
- NEW! Online Payment - Annual Rent Registration Fees
- Annual General Adjustment
- September 1, 2016 through August 31, 2017 = 1.0%
- Download the 30-Day Notice to Increase Rent (80) 17 - 18[PDF]
- Security Deposit Interest Rate is 0%
- Rent Stabilization Ordinance Educational Series
- Section 8 In West Hollywood
Rent Increases & Limitations, Contract Cancellations, Reasonable Accommodations
- Aging in Place Strategic Plan The city is initiating an Aging in Place Strategic Plan.
The Rent Stabilization and Housing Division provides a report of activities annually. Use the following links to view the most recent report and prior reports.
- Rent Stabilization
- Residential Rentals
- Resources in Russian
- Code Compliance
- Guide to Rent Stabilization [PDF]
- Hearings and Remedies Guidebook [PDF] - Russian [PDF]
- California Tenants Guide
- Rent Stabilized Units
- Short Term Vacation Rentals
- Celebrating 30 Years of Rent Stabilization[PDF]
- Budget Video
- Go Solar West Hollywood
Requests for Proposals
Rehabilitation Incentives - Proposals due July 14 at 3:00PM (EXTENDED)
Supplemental Information - Renovating West Hollywood Rental Housing Stock