Parking on private property requires the consent of the property owner or commercial tenant. Vehicles found illegally parked may be removed provided certain guidelines are followed.
There are 6 main requirements under state and local law that must be followed before a vehicle is towed. Private property tows are a business arrangement between the towing company and tenant. Under state law a representative must be on-site to provide his or her signature to authorize and document removal of the vehicle from the premises.
The Towing Sign must:
- Be at least 17" x 22" in size
- Lettering on sign must be at least 1" in height
- Include telephone number of local Sheriff (310) 855-8850
- Include the name and telephone number of towing service
- Include the applicable local and state code sections for the authority to tow (WHMC Chapter 10.07.240 - CVC 22658)
- Include current maximum towing rate and storage rate per day*
*Currently $131 for towing & $34 per day for storage